Now if you went to google to find out what is rasta pasta and got it's "a place where people gather to smoke blunts" then you're wrong. Rasta pasta is basically an Italian dish with some Jamaican influence.
Some Chicken Breasts cut into bite size pieces
1 Green Onion
Half box Penne Pasta
1 1/2 - 2 cups milk
Jerk Seasoning of your choice
Pack of Knorr Parma Rosa Sauce Mix
1 tbl spoon Olive Oil
1. Boil pasta according to directions on box. (10 minutes for al dente)
If you have to cook your chicken breasts, you can cook it here, before going to step 2.
2. In a pot heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add half a spoon of minced garlic and chopped green onions. Mix together. Try not to make garlic burn
3. Add Jerk seasoning. The amount depends on your heat level. I used a bottle of "extra spicy" and since I am not a fan of spicy food I used half a teaspoon. Please remember you will also be adding cayenne pepper to this dish.
5. Add chicken to mixture. NB: If you did not steam your chicken as I did before, you need to have cooked chicken at this point. Add cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt to taste at this point
6. Stir in chicken in sauce and add some of the pasta. Mix well. Add the rest of pasta. Mix Well
7. Your pasta has been rastasized!! (Yes I made that word up!!)
I have since updated this post. Check out the new post for this very popular Rasta Pasta recipe