The perfect savory and spicy cheese snack that you would want to have as an addition to your breakfast or brunch.
Can you imagine Thanksgiving has come and gone already? The year is over. But now I am actually excited to be in the season that I love. Christmas! I think because I didn't grow up with the tradition of Thanksgiving, that I am not really excited about it as much as I am about the Christmas season. I am so ready for it.
As we transition from Thanksgiving into the season of giving, I give you today a light and easy recipe to move into the next season of food and family. These easy cheese scones are perfect fresh out the oven and are the best things to add your breakfast or brunch.
I am not a Christmas decorations kinda gal. I'm not any kind of decorations kinda gal. I'm pretty basic with most things, but this year I'm feeling a little "I want to do a Christmas tree" vibe. Seeing all these decorations out in full swing are getting me pretty excited.
And these spicy cheese scones got me pretty excited.
I love scones for the basic goodness that they are. Simple things that can take on so many different flavors. From sweet to savory, scones are the perfect tea time snack.
And these spicy cheese scones with scallions are no different.
It's always so easy to whip up a batch of scones. These I did in no time adding my favorite thing, cheese, with some pepper sauce to give it a little kick. The addition of the scallions also adds a great flavor.
These hot out the oven are amazing and I think it's the best way to have them. But at room temperature or even rewarmed they are delicious. And I run through these in no time.
But I am not a big fan of sweet, so these cheesy scones with scallions really do it for me. Sometimes I top one with some orange marmalade. Talk about an explosion of different flavors.
No mixer is needed and this takes no time at all to make
Stack them up and dive in, perfect at your breakfast table. With a jug of coffee and a lot of goodness
Do you like sweet or savory??
yield: Makes 10 - 12 scones
Easy Spicy Cheese Scones
The perfect savory and spicy cheese snack that you would want to have as an addition to your breakfast or brunch. Packed with cheese, a hint of scallion and a touch of pepper.
prep time: 20 MINScook time: 25 MINStotal time: 45 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, cold and chopped up into small pieces
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a bowl, mix together flour, salt, and baking powder
- Add butter to mixture and incorporate with fingers until it becomes a crumbly mixture
- Add cheese and scallions to mixture
- In another bowl mix together milk, eggs, mustard, pepper sauce
- Add liquid mixture to dry mixture and stir enough to incorporate. (Ensure mixture is evenly mixed)
- Flour counter top and hands well and pick up sticky scone mixture
- Pat dough out into desired thickness and using round glass cut out scones and rest on lined baking (Do not let edges touch). Ball remaining dough up and flatten out again and cut out more scones. Repeat until all dough is used up
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Created using The Recipes Generator
Thanks so much for stopping by and reading my posts. It is much appreciated. Please, if you can like, share, yum and/or pin this, especially if you enjoyed it. Subscribe to my blog for personalized updates delivered straight to your inbox. You can also follow me on Twitter and for some extra food porn on Instagram. If you hang out on Pinterest and Facebook too, please check me out there and say hi.