This BBQ chicken is sticky and spicy and tender and the perfect option for a weeknight dinner
It's mid week already!! I'm a little excited and a little apprehensive. Yay to the weekend being almost here, but how many more weeks do we have before the end of year? 11 weeks or so? Time is flying.
In the midst of everything though, I think dinner is that time we need to take to sit down to eat something and something good.
This sticky BBQ chicken is something good. It's "stick to your fingers" good, with a kick of jerk seasoning that is so worth the little burn. I can assure you that you will still be licking your fingers while chomping through this deliciousness.
Do you think you have accomplished all your goals for the year? For the most part I am extremly happy with the way 2016 has been so far (hope I don't jinx myself)
Anyway back to this finger licking meal.
I can't say this is quick and easy recipe.
It's fried to a nice golden brown and then baked in a spicy barbecue sauce. But you don't need to make your own sauce. Just use any BBQ sauce that you love and the jerk seasoning that you love (or you can just make your own and have it in the fridge)
I love using thighs for this recipe, but legs would also work well. You definitely would need something with the bone in to stand up to the frying and then baking.
All the chicken did not even make it into the photo shoot. While testing for "doneness" I accidentally could not stop myself from eating a piece. It started with a little edge, then a forked piece then all I know I was looking at the bone of one of the thighs.
I am toooo greedy!!
But this chicken is too yummy!!
And you defintely need to try it
yield: Serves 4
Sticky Bbq Jerk Chicken
A simple recipe for a fried, then backed jerk bbq chicken with a sticky glaze that is tender, sweet and a little spicy and perfect for a Sunday dinner.
prep time: 1 hourcook time: 35 MINStotal time: 1 hours and 35 mins
- 4 chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons green seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Oil for frying
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray's Bbq)
- 1/2 tsp jerk seasoning paste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Season chicken with green seasoning (or however you season your chicken) and set aside for 1 hour
- Place oil in a deep enough frying pan and heat to med-high heat
- Lightly beat eggs in a shallow bowl
- In a large plate add flour, salt, paprika and black pepper and mix together
- Remove pieces of chicken from seasoning and dip each piece into egg bath, then flour and set aside (If you want a crunchier cover, dip in egg bath again and flour. If doing this, more eggs may be needed)
- Fry chicken until golden brown and semi cooked through, then place in a dish to bake
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix BBQ sauce, jerk paste, chopped cilantro together
- Evenly spread over chicken in dish ensuring that all skin is coated at the top
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Take a spatula or a knife and spread sauce around chicken
- Return and bake for another 10 minutes or until cooked through
- Remove from oven and let chicken sit for 5 minutes
Created using The Recipes Generator
Love Jerk seasoning? Check out some other recipes that uses it:
Thanks so much for stopping by and reading my posts. It is much appreciated. Please, if you can like, share, yum and/or pin this, especially if you enjoyed it. Subscribe to my blog for personalized updates delivered straight to your inbox. You can also follow me on Twitter and for some extra food porn on Instagram. If you hang out on Pinterest and Facebook too, please check me out there and say hi.