I always use chicken breasts for this, but thighs would also work great. So grab your favorite jerk seasoning, your chicken and lets get this started.
The first thing I do is season up my chicken with my green seasoning that I made last week. If you don't have any green seasoning you can season your chicken as you normally do prior to cooking.
|Chicken with Jerk Marinade|
Get your frying pan or skillet and turn on to medium heat. Add your oil and let's get ready to crust this bad boy. I somehow get excited when making this chicken.. hahah.
End result a nicely crusted but tender on the inside piece of chicken. Temp of chicken would be around 165 degrees
This can now be eaten with rice, and steamed vegetables with some salsa for a great dinner.
Or you can just grab some bread
I love to use the breast to create some other quick meals that I am going to show you tomorrow. So don't eat it all out!!
See you tomorrow!!
Stove Top Jerk Chicken
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Keywords: saute entree chicken Caribbean
- 1 chicken breast per person
- 2 tbl spoons green seasoning per chicken breast
- 2 tbl spoons jerk seasoning per chicken breast
- 1/2 tbl spoon oil
- Season chicken breast with green seasoning
- Butterfly chicken breast for an even cut
- Coat chicken breast back and front with jerk seasoning
- Leave to marinate for at-least 30 minutes (can be left over night)
- On Med Heat, pour oil into pot
- Add chicken breast, move it around for a little
- Leave to crust for 3 minutes
- Flip breast and move around and leave to crust for 3 minutes
- Repeat this process until meat is cooked through. (165 degrees)
- Crusted outside and tender inside
Powered by Recipage