Fortunately for me it turned out great. My friend did not want to stop eating them. Well that was after I already ate about 2 of the 6 large muffins I made. I love using these large muffin pans when I am using bananas. A large banana muffin warmed, and some lemonade is all I need.
For this I wasn't really sure if my banana bread recipe would work and just "add strawberries". I was concerned that the strawberries were fresh and may get a bit soggy but it worked out very very good. So I used a recipe I found from Chewoutloud. These muffins lasted about five days. Well one did because I had to hold it for a friend to taste it.
I sliced up the strawberries instead of crushing them up. So there were nice chunks of strawberries in there as you bit into the banana bread. I also had some shredded coconut in my fridge that I sprinkled on the bread when it was about 3/4 way done.
Banana Muffins with Strawberries
- 1 cup Sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 Ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup Packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Table salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Large eggs (room temp)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 5 tbsps Shredded coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F, with rack on lower middle. Grease and flour muffin pans.
- In a bowl, gently toss strawberries with the granulated sugar, coating all strawberries with sugar. Let sit.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In separate bowl, beat eggs until slightly foamy. Add vanilla, brown sugar, and melted butter (not too hot.) Add strawberries and mashed bananas.
- Using rubber spatula, gently fold flour mixture into the egg/butter mixture, just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan. Bake about 1 hour or until toothpick in center comes out almost clean, with just a few moist crumbs attached.
- If using shredded coconut sprinkle onto muffins when top starts to firm. About 35 mins in.
- Let muffins cool in pan on wire rack. When cool, carefully remove from pan