To get 12
3/4 cup canola oil (I used vegetable)
1 cup sugar
3 eggs (room temp)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup buttermilk (see below for making it at home)
7 oz of shredded coconut (I used about 4 oz)
fresh mango (diced)
Put 1/2 teaspoon lime juice in a measuring cup, take some milk and add until it gets to 1/2 cup. Mix.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cream oil and sugar. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and mix thoroughly.
2. In a separate bowl sift flour, baking powder, soda and salt together.
3. Add the flour mixture and buttermilk alternating. Begin and end with the dry ingredients. (Add dry three times and buttermilk twice) Mix only until combined. (overmixing will cause cupcakes to become chewy)
4. Fold in coconut.
5. Line muffin pans with liners or grease.
6. Fill each half full, add some mango pieces, then fill with batter.
Bake for 25 - 35 mins.